COVID-19 Policy - please click here

Gary Lowe

It’s been tweeted on social media by his son Benito and friends, that former Curzon, Hyde manager, Gary Lowe has passed away. Think he was living overseas, but really sad news. A great guy who could get the best out of players and who did his bit for non league football and local area - Curzon playing Exeter in FA cup was under him,I recall..

His son Benito plays locally I believe

Rivalries don’t matter with such news..
RIP Gary

Last edited by celticarenumber1 (23 Oct 2020 11:44)

Sad news indeed. Did a lot for non-league football in Tameside and was by all accounts a very nice bloke.

Certainly very sad news. Did wonders as manager of two local clubs..........almost certainly responsible for where Curzon now find themselves, and got Hyde into Conf National.

RIP  Gary Lowe

Come on you blues !!

Terrible news. Was a very popular bloke.

Here is a link to an article by Andy Mitten focusing on Gary and also us v Hyde. It’s a good read.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/m … r-1.405271

bish wrote

Terrible news. Was a very popular bloke.

Here is a link to an article by Andy Mitten focusing on Gary and also us v Hyde. It’s a good read.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/m … r-1.405271

The Andy Mitten article is a good read (apart from the 1-3 scoreline that is) and reminds one of how good things were in local football a decade ago, a time  when young Connor Jennings wore the Celtic shirt. Gary Lowe did a great job at Hyde Utd, it's just a pity he never managed us at Bower Fold. He seemed a strict disciplinarian - I once watched a Hyde home game when he hauled off their right back before half time for not obeying his instructions ...... there's been many times in recent seasons when I wish our right back had received  similar treatment.     RIP Gary Lowe.

It is indeed tragic and unexpected news. We all love the local rivalry, but Gary was a really nice guy and our hearts go out to his family.

There will be a minute's applause before the kick off today.

R.I.P. Gary.

Very sad news. Gary played a big part in local non league football and had great success at Hyde  and especially Curzon.
R.I.P and condolences to his family.

Very Sad Loss, Gary was the Type of Manager Who could Have Got to A very High Level In Managership, He Proved That in Local Football, Low Budgets Producing  Good Teams . I'm Sure he Will Be Sadly Missed in the Football World. R.I.P Gary Lad.