Match Report -
Celtic lose to the league runner ups
By Iain Benson
Celtic finished the season losing to the league runner's up Fleetwood.

To be fair, Fleetwood won the game without breaking sweat, although Celtic did create a few chances, the first one early doors when Michael Carr found a bit of space to fire in a looping shot from the edge of the box that Danny Hurst did well to tip over. For the most part, it was solid Fleetwood pressure, and they should have been ahead in the first fifteen minutes when Dave Carnell saved very well from Adam Warlow, and Warlow's follow up trickled to the post and back into Carnell's hands. Nathan pond lifted the ball over from close range, which should have put Fleetwood two up.

The second half was more of the same, with Nathan Pond forcing an exceptional save from Dave Carnell, close range reaction stop, with Mullan knocking the corner wide. Celtic played some good passing football at times, and five minutes after the interval one such move saw plenty fo movement and passing with Joe O'Neill setting up Connor Jennings, but the Celtic youngster couldn't get the contact he wanted and it was a comfortable catch for Hurst. It was trickier after Jennings was brought down, and Warren Peyton fired in a trademark free kick that curled and dipped, but Hurst was up to it, getting down well.

Fleetwood finally got the goal that they had been threatening through Sean Clancy, who cut inside Graeme Law and curled a shot inside Dave Carnell who looked to slip as the ball was fired in. Greg Wilkinson and Connor Jennings both went narrowly over as Celtic before Clancy added to his and Fleetwood's tally taking the central route this time, dancing past Joel Bembo-lita as he slipped and firing low. Matty Barlow was unlucky not to sign off his time at Celtic putt his header off Graeme Law's cross over the bar, and Banim was unlucky after some very good build up play saw O'Neill unable to find the space for a shot, but able to put it out to Banim running in to strike a sweet shot that Hurst did well to get to, tipping it out for a corner that Wilkinson brought in and curled towards goal, but Hurst was there again.

Celtic finished the game strongly, more that Fleetwood had heard that Southport were winning, and cruised past the finish line.

1Hurst, Danny  
2Barry, Anthony  
3Wright, Alan  
4Grand, Simon  
5McNulty, Steve  
6Pond, Nathan  > 80
7Clancy, Sean  
8Milligan, Sean  > 69
9Seddon, Gareth  
10Warlow, Adam  > 69
11Mullan, Jamie  
12Rogan, Nick  < 69
14Dootson, Craig  
15Taylor, Michael  
16McGuire, Sean  < 80
17Beeley, Sean  < 69