Match Report -
Away Draw At Gainsborough Trinity
By Debbie Taylor

Celtic came from behind to an early goal, to take the lead, only to see two of the vital three points snatched away at the death.

Trinity scored with their first effort on goal, but to be fair James Reid's curling free kick from just outside the box was top drawer into the top corner, curling and dipping beyond Grant Shenton's fingertips.

Celtic responded in fine style, Danny Wilkins scampering past Josh Lacey to the byline, and whipping in a dangerous low cross for Keiran Dunbar arriving dead centre. The Fleetwood loanee finished well, flicking the ball into the bottom corner with former (for one game only) Celtic keeper, George Willis.

Lee Gaskell had a couple of chance to put Celtic ahead, but couldn't get either on target, whilst Danny Wilkins? volley flew agonizingly wide. Gaskell really should have been awarded a penalty when Lacey tripped him inside the box as Gaskell knocked the ball past him, and turned, only to go over an outstretched foot.

After the restart, both goalkeepers were tested, Ashley Worsfold with a tame effort, whilst Adam Mather's goal-bound shot required a little more stopping, but Willis was up to it. Mather then took advantage of a ball going for a goal kick unexpectedly staying in after striking Danny Wilkins and Jake Picton in a tangle on the floor at the by-line to whip in a shot that cleared Willis only to strike the crossbar at a very acute angle.

Then, a goal of the type Celtic haven't really scored enough of: a whipped in corner from Mather met at the back post by Frasier Horsfall, unmarked, sneaking in and putting Celtic ahead by a narrow margin.

Though Adam Quinn headed straight at Shenton with his first touch after coming on, it took Liam Dickinson a few touches before he got a shot off that Willis claimed well. With just five minutes left on the clock, Trinity were pressing, as desperate for the equaliser as Celtic were for the three points. Celtic didn't dare go gung-ho, but when Kimarni Smith put the ball into the mix, Celtic tried but couldn't hack the ball clear, and Ashley Worsfold got a telling touch, blasting the ball over a prone Grant Shenton to equalise.

If it looked like there wasn't any time for Celtic to get back in front, Florian Da Silva had other ideas. He reached a ball he had no right to reach, beat Lacey and put a ball into the mix. Dickinson was beaten to the header, but the clearance fell to Darren McKnight just outside the box, and it required an outstanding, and important for Trinity, save from George Willis who previously let four in when Celtic were beaten by Salford, and now kept McKnight out and prevented Celtic taking all three points.

It may be, at the end of the season that this point is the one that keeps us up, but right now, things look dark for Celtic.

1Willis, Georhe  
2Roma, Dominic  
3Lacey, Josh  
4Wilson, LaurieYellow Card 
5Evans, Ioan  
6Picton, Jake  > 78
7Reid, James  > 70
8Rothery, GavinYellow Card 
9Burdett, Noell  > 45
10Worsfold, AshleyYellow Card 
11Thewlis, Jordan  
12Chapman, Adam  
14Smith, Kimarni  < 70
15Davie, TomYellow Card < 45
16Wiles, Alex  
17Quinn, AdamYellow Card < 78