Match Report -
Unable to add to Garvey`s first half strike, Celtic drop two points
By Tweedy
A cold blustery day in Solihull, saw Celtic pick up a valuable point to keep them in contention with a shout of the play offs.

The game Started with a Celtic KO, witch was kicked ?into touch? near the Moor Green right-back; the ball seemed to stay down this touchline for the next 5 to 10 minutes (and most of the game) as neither side managed to clear due to the wind.

In the first real chance of the game, Celtic saw a perfectly valid goal ruled off after some good, fair build up play and everybody onside. Only the linesman who had his flag up knows why it was disallowed. The ball came to Garvey on the edge of the box and he cut inside, took a touch and unleashed a shot with his weaker foot (at this time Banim WAS onside), the towering Moor Green centre-back stuck out a leg deflecting the ball. Banim's predator instinct saw him follow the ball in and head it past the keeper, only for the liner to stick his flag up.

Celtic were due a goal, and it finally came on 18 minutes: a pinpoint cross from Banim found Garvey who hit a first time volley into the bottom corner a sweet strike, leaving the keeper grasping air.

The rest of the half was scrappy and saw Moor Green have two players booked while Celtic kept possession with no real end product. Most of the play was down the left with Barnard, Maxfield, Prince and Banim all combining well.

The second half started pretty much as the first had finished, with both teams? final balls letting them down.

Sykes wasn't his usual presence in midfield; however every time he lost the ball he won it straight back. The same touchline saw the main part of the action in the second half, which gave the Celtic right side a workout, this time Black, Garvey and Banim all complimenting each other with Price winning the ball through the centre.

Celtic should have gone two up with fifteen minutes to go. Moor Green had a corner cleared, and Celtic broke through Prince. His ball over the top found Ellington who rode the shoves and pushes to reach the ball striking it first time and sending the keeper the wrong way ? but the Moor Green keeper somehow saved with his legs.

Moor Green had to do something, and made a couple of substitutions in as many minutes. It paid off. Moor Green attacked down Celtic's right and whipped in a cross from the by-line to an unmarked Dowall, which he nodded in from six yards out.

There was still time for both Celtic to create a chance of taking all three points: Banim hit a first time ball straight at the Moor Green keeper, and in the dying moments of the game Price saw a weak shot from outside the box go agonisingly wide.